Sunday, December 26, 2021

Second Day of Christmas Snow!


I'm usually the first to wake up in our house, and this morning followed that pattern.

Part of me had a hard time refraining from waking up the other to share the news, but part of me loved being alone with time to take in the quiet beauty. Snow had been forecast, but you never know whether it will or not. This time it did, and it did so in such a lovely way.



  

This is what I saw out the north window of the attic room which is my office space.





And out the kitchen windows to the west, snow on the walkway below.





My first time to look out (?) the window in the roof over my desk in the attic room with snow falling.

 


The view from the north kitchen window.




Looking out on the street later in the day.




Every morning many little sparrows come to this tall evergreen. Or maybe they sleep there during the night. I don't know if I'll ever know about that. But they are always there in the early morning. This isn't a great picture, but it was so cute to see them there with the snow. I often wonder what all the little creatures think about the weather, especially snow!

These will have to suffice as our "two turtle doves" on this second day of Christmas.




We have a rather artistic neighbor, and when we went out in the evening to visit some cousins, we saw he had been at work bringing into being creatures of a different species.



The forecast is saying we could get another snowfall during the night. I hope so. Let it snow!

3 comments:

Devanie Marie Cooper said...

So fun! Merry Christmas, friend! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm glad you had that first private moment, however short it may have been, with the snowy morning.

Also, so happy to be given a peek at it here. Merry Christmas!

Sue said...

That first quiet moment alone sounds especially lovely. And the evergreen with the sparrows - what a great gift! Thanks for sharing, friend. Merry Christmas! Christ is Born!