Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Snow

 


This is the Christmas "tree" of my in-laws, actually branches arranged in a vase. The branches come from a big evergreen out in the yard. Some of the decorations surely came from a store.

But the snowflake ornaments came from the hands of my mother-in-law. After she took early retirement in her forties, she decided to learn to crochet. I was amazed back then at how much she began to do, making various items for tabletops and just the sorts of beautiful work that are done here.

But I was really amazed when I showed her some snowflake ornaments that my aunt had given me, and my mother-in-law liked the idea and began making them herself, getting ideas from the ones I had. But she had even more ideas.

I haven't found any two to be alike, just as with the cold, outdoor version. (I'm having tech issues and may have accidentally put the same one twice, though. I'm tired, so it's possible....)

Have a look, and if you don't have snow for Christmas, maybe these will at least warm your heart.



























Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Splendid! Our “tree” is much the same (real Christmas trees being unobtainable here…)

Cameron said...

Splendid! Our “tree” is much the same (real Christmas trees being unobtainable here…)

Sheila said...

How lovely to know, Cameron! (It's strange to think of Christmas trees being unobtainable. Amazing what we take for granted!)

Wanda Kerschbaum said...

Beautiful!