Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Home at Last



John Denver said it: Hey, it's good to be back home again, yes, it is.

From Zagreb to Vienna to Chicago to Memphis, I finally got home on time yesterday around 5:30. After a short night of sleep, two really rough landings, no sleep on the plane, and still dealing with a bad cold, I was ready. The exhaustion hit somewhere between Chicago and Memphis.

Thanks to terrorists and the fact that people aren't allowed to meet you at the gate anymore, it took Drazen and me a while to find each other, but thanks to cell phone technology, we were happily reunited at last.

We had a pancake supper at Perkins and came home, and I am so happy to be home, cold and exhaustion and all. As you can see in the photo, even one azalea bloomed late enough to welcome me home.

I have to brag on Drazen for keeping my maiden hair fern alive for six weeks. All my houseplants survived, except one that was already sickly when I left. I was impressed.

And I have to brag on him again, for being a husband who didn't protest his wife being gone for six weeks. He was wonderfully supportive, and I am thankful.



These little guys seemed a bit confused by my presence at first, but once they realized who I was, Paolo hasn't stopped licking me (and he is not generally one to lick people), and both seemed to be happy that I stayed home all day today and was available for general petting purposes.

It's good to be back home again.

(And trip photos are still to come.....)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Welcome home!