Friday, August 23, 2013

Sitting a Spell, Spellbound

So, as I said, this photo  was a hint of things to come. You see that bit of light on the third pew back?
 
 
Well, just keep looking. Because light shines on whatever is in its path, and anything that will reflect it can be transformed. (Yes, I think there's a deeper story there.....)
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

I was thinking what a wonderful thing this is in a church building, because a church is made up of many people, all different from each other, like the different colors.
 
 


 
And with blemishes, too. But they just don't seem as important compared to the overall beauty created by the light and the colors.



 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Odd to think that had I come at a different time of day, it might have just all looked like this. The floor had a beauty of its own, a very subdued coloring. But I'm so glad I came when I did for the rich color feast.
 
 
 

It was like music for the eyes. (And, yes, I did try the piano while there. I'm guessing it goes back to 1960 and hasn't been tuned since being delivered there. So the visual music was much more lovely than anything audible!)

No comments: