Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Sign


When we went to Mountain View, Arkansas, a couple of weeks ago, on our way back we stopped at Johnson's Freeze Inn, in Wynne. My favorite ice cream stop for many years, it is a very small building, the kind of place where you used to just stand outside and receive your goods through a sliding window. Some years ago they added on, so a few people can sit down inside, and no one has to stand in the rain. They even added a drive-through window. It's still small and very obviously locally owned, not part of a chain, and I love to stop there.

So, I didn't get a picture of Johnson's, but I did get this picture of the school mascot that was on top of a sign in the parking area. Not sure if you can tell, but it was clearly handpainted, probably one of a kind. And I just love that expression on the face.

I do miss living in a small town!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Yes, places that weren't part of a chain, but special to where we lived, I think we all miss those.

Neat sign!