Monday, July 21, 2008

A Second Look

I've written before that instead of a curtain, I have tissue paper on the window where my prayer desk sits. It's a really nice effect, plenty of light comes through with complete privacy. But seven years have taken their toll.

Which meant one day I noticed this:

And then sat up and looked from a different angle and saw this:


My neighbor's coneflowers, which I would never have noticed, except for the rip in the paper. It's so much fun looking through the hole now that I can't convince myself to replace the paper....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!!
Beautiful flowers!

Nat said...

Cool! I may copy your idea.. I can never find something I like for my windows...
Call when you come, I'd love to see you if we can arrange something! So far the only plan I have is Graduation Saturday (a friend of mine graduates and a mutual friend and I will go to Graduation and catch up between us.. otherwise the ceremony itself would be soooooo boring!!)
Anyway, touch base!
Love ya!

Lawrence Underwood said...

That's pretty neat. Those flowers are beautiful.

Lucy said...

How delightful, must tell us something of life I think!

Sheila said...

Yes, maybe we notice more when we have been torn up a bit. And those tears and cracks can let more light in.