Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Misty Morning Walk

I had planned to take an afternoon walk in the sunshine, but the fog lured me out of the house early.

This morning the world (my little world) was completely enveloped in this cloud. Now the cloud of fog is completely gone, with bright sunshine and blue skies. A young child on a morning like this might have thought this was the way life was going to be for a long time, that this is just how the world is.

How often do we imagine that our lives are just going to be the way they are, not realizing or believing that things really will change? Our perspective is so limited, and we are so good at thinking it is not.

One thing I love about the weather is that it's a continual reminder that we are not in control.

What is your life? You are mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

Ah, and what a beautiful mist it is at times....
















3 comments:

Sheila said...

You wouldn't guess from the photos I post of Audubon Park, that it is not very large and is surrounded on three sides by traffic. I wish it were as quiet and peaceful as the pictures make it look. At the same time, I'm deeply grateful the the measure of peace it does give.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the days when we can escape from our own little worlds and investigate the ones everyone else live in.

Lucy said...

Beautiful misty pictures.

I still have problems imagining the weather will ever be any different from how it is at that moment...