Sunday, March 09, 2008

Muchos Too Muchos to Do-os

So many things I'd like to write about, and several photos I'd like to share!

But I am planning a trip to Europe, preparing for retreats that I'll be leading there, tying up loose ends over here so that I can leave without nagging worries, and of course working and keeping house as usual. Oh, and trying to visit with as many friends as possible before not seeing them for six weeks.

I feel a bit like this, hopping around in circles, not sure which way to go next:

And yes, by the way, that is snow. And that is my front porch. Memphis actually got snow. Snow that accumulated and stuck! Snow that covered everything and made it beautiful. Snow that children could make snowmen from. Snow that stuck well for snowball fights.

It was March 7, after a winter with not one snowfall. After quinces and daffodils and magnolias and forsythia had bloomed.

I even took a break, because our young friend Catie Grace was overdue for a birthday spend-the-night-with-Uncle-Drazen-and-Aunt-Sheila gift. So we got out and enjoyed the snow, and for a night and a morning, I did not feel "snowed under."

In fact, I slept so well that night, I was the first one up. (Actually, that's not unusual.) So I got out and took some pictures. I think I had the camera on "dusk/dawn" setting, because it was dawn. I guess that's why they are blue. But I kind of like it.

Here you can see the east-facing houses across the street catching the first light of sunrise.


I don't know when I'll blog again. In a way it feels like a distraction from the things I ought to be doing. But it is also a welcome break. So we'll see.

Arrivederci.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

That last with the glowing lights is magical - you've got your Maxfield Parrish hat on again!

Bon courage!

Sheila said...

You know, it *was* magical, and I'm so glad the camera did it justice. I love being up to see the sun rise. Even without snow, it's always inspiring.

But I also love being in a warm bed!

Lawrence Underwood said...

Those pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing them. It is as close to snow as I will likely see in a while. I got your message by the way, thank you.