Monday, September 19, 2011

Boxed In




(Note: photos are blurry to symbolize the effect this past 10 days has had on me. I'm tired!)

For the past year and a half and more, I have lived with boxes. And, yes, I have felt very boxed in.

In the past week, at least 17 boxes have been emptied. Friday over a week ago, Sue helped me move the full boxes out of my home office. Saturday over a week ago, Judy helped me paint the room. And over the past week, I have at last unpacked my books and files and put them in more permanent places.

And, yes, I have done some winnowing and pruning.

And now my muscles ache from the carrying of heavy loads and the day of painting. But my mind and spirit are lightened by no longer carrying the load of wondering when I would ever be free of those boxes! And by the lovely "quaking grass" green that now greets me when I walk into the room.

(What would we do without friends--and without Larry the plaster guy who got the walls ready so they could be painted?)

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Well done, brava, chapeau!

Feel as if I've got out of step a bit with your news, but I think of you.

Sheila said...

That's the first time anyone has said "chapeau" to me. I had to look it up to know this meaning of it. (My French teacher in second grade taught me the literal meaning, so I guess you could said she said it to me....but it's not the same.)

Thanks!