Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Why do I like this picture?


Yes, this is a picture of my kitchen sink as it appeared earlier this afternoon. Why a photo?

Reasons abound:

1. It shows the remnants of a happy visit with my mom, sister and niece earlier today. Among other things, we got Lenny's sandwiches and brought them home to eat.

2. The reason I have styrofoam rinsed and drying in the sink is that Whole Foods is now recycling it! Yea! I still try to avoid using it, but it's not altogether possible in my life yet. I'm so glad it's not just going in the trash.

3. It reminds me of how funny it was that all four of us ordered the very same sandwich--turkey on a round wheat bun. What are the odds? We all got lemonade, and two of us got Cheetos and the other two got baked bbq chips. You'd think we had planned it!

4. I thought it was sweet that the Lenny's worker wrote "Mom" on the box to show which sandwich was which. The other says "pickles" and was ID'd by another worker. I liked the personal touch. And it was only after I saw she'd written that I realized I had ordered the sandwich by saying, "Let's see, my mom wants...." even though it mattered not in the least to Ms. Lenny's who the sandwich was for. And she heard me say it, obviously.

5. It's cute how "MOM" looks like "WOW" upside down.

And last but not least....

6. Beneath all this styrofoam, there really aren't many dishes to do!

2 comments:

lisa b said...

1. I love that you took a picture of what most people would consider trash.

2. I loved yesterday. We need to do that more often.

3. I love you. :-)

Lucy said...

:~)