Wednesday, March 29, 2006

In the meantime

The daffodils in my part of town are already fading and mostly gone, so I'm including this picture from my cousin's kitchen (taken last spring) to enjoy them a little while longer.

So, the blog is back. And I must continue my resolve not to spend too much time sitting here with it! That sudden disappearance was a powerful reminder to me that when you make a commitment, even if God is the only one who knows about it, you're supposed to keep it. In fact, those private commitments are often the most important ones, because they test our integrity more than the ones where other people are holding us accountable.

Anyway, I don't think it's coincidental that my time spent in prayer increased during the time my blog was not available, and I don't want that to change.

I love this photo because it shows a simple beauty. Yellow daffodils in blue vases. A kitchen sink with a window to the larger world outside. (Click to enlarge to fully appreciate it. I hope that works for your computer.)

I just noticed the Minute Maid container in the sink and was thinking how our lives are "made" by every "minute" we live. Every minute, I choose how I will live my life. Whether it's doing dishes, picking daffodils, writing a blog, or praying, I am building my life minute by minute.

And I want my life to have more daffodils and more time spent in prayer.

So, in the meantime, while my blog has been gone, that's what I've been doing. Walks in the garden, picking flowers, praying more. Even petting my dogs more.

Oh, and celebrating the anniversary. Stay tuned . . . .

No comments: