Friday, January 27, 2006

Laughter is good for the soul

Okay, that last post, and those rainy/cloudy days, led the introspective contemplator in me to realize that perhaps my blog tends toward the serious side of life.

Perhaps too much?

I don't know who gets to decide the proper balance between serious and not-so-serious.

But tonight I discovered the online manifestation of a Harding professor, Mark Elrod. He came to Harding just as I was going to the program in Italy and then using my last year to squeeze in every class needed so that I could graduate before my scholarship ran out. So although I admired him from afar, I never got to take him for a class. And consequently never really got to know him terribly well.

So, what a surprise to learn that he has a blog. And I just have to encourage you to read his post for today (Jan 27th.) It is hilarious and thought-provoking. And it will give you a reason to live, since he leaves you hanging until Monday for "the rest of the story."

So, if you want to laugh, copy and paste the following link. (I know so little about how computers work, but I'm thinking this blog is not set up to automatically let you click on links. There's probably something I could do to make that happen. Can anyone coach me?)

http://www.markaelrod.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Mark Elrod said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sheila.

Jim Rush is very much a friend of mine at AGS, although he no longer teaches in Area II; when I first met Jim in 1996, he was teaching in Area I (Social Science) and now he's in Area III.

I'm sure he'd love to hear to hear from you. Jim is still a student favorite!

Lisa Engel said...

Hi Sheila U - Saw your comment on Mark's blog, and followed you over here. We went to school together - Lisa Crocker then, in Regina with you & Lisa. Nursing major, now teaching at HU. My husband is in English, hired when your dad left! Your mom told me you were in mempho, my hometown. I will have to check out your blog!